Selection of youth, women for financial assistance under Chief Minister’s Jeevan Jyoti Swaniojan Yojana
The Chief Minister’s Jeevanjyoti Swaniyojan is a demand driven project of the Government. On receipt of demand/applications, the selection of eligible youth is done by the implementing agency through the block level selection committee BDO, President of Gaon Panchayat /VCDC concerned, Bank Branch Manager Concerned or his representative and representative of SIRD, Assam. In case of semi urban/urban areas, the bank, the field Officer of SIRD, Joint Director of SIRD is finalizing the selection after field verification.
Sequence and steps being followed for selection of youth.
- Awareness generation in the field through Extension Centres, field level facilitators and bank officials for mobilizing youth for the project.
- Recommendation of youth from MLAs, Ministers, PRIs, Local Officials belonging to different departments, different organisations.
- Interactions with the youth to assess their interests and aptitude.
- Formation of groups and opening of bank account through facilitators.
- Selection of income generating activities based on the interest, aptitude and capability etc. of youth through orientation programmes.
- Preparation of loan proposal and sponsoring to the banks.
- Joint verification of the groups in the field by bank officials and facilitators of SIRD.
- Training on skill upgradation.
- Final examination by banks of the documents submitted with the proposals. Deposit of borrowers contribution, mortgage documents, collateral security etc. for final clearance of the proposal at the bank.
- On clearance and compliance of all above formalities by the group, sanction is accorded and government margin money is claimed by respective banks from SIRD.
- On receiving the margin money from the SIRD, the loan is disbursed as per bank norms.
- The selection of the youth for formation of the Joint Liability Group and finally getting loan is a systematic process which passes through different stages. The banks being major stakeholders, final decision rests with them.
Click here for more details about the Programme