TRAINING PROGRAMMES CONDUCTED BY SIPRD, ASSAM
The State Institute of Panchayat and Rural Development,Assam is the apex body in the broad field of training and research in rural development. Since 1998 the institute has been making relentless effort to diversify its training and research activities in the broad field of rural development.
Aims & Objectives
- To conduct regular courses in the broad field of Panchayati Raj and Rural Development, Panchayats and Line Departments.
- To organize subject specific rounds of training programmes for the elected representatives of PRIs,VCDCs,VDCs and members of Autonomous Councils.
- To organize training on different subjects for representatives of NGOs,CBO, social workers, animators,facilitators and other stakeholders.
- To conduct special courses on IT,E-Panchayati Raj and application of other softwares and tools.
- To conduct computer literacy programmes for the elected representatives of PRIs.
- To organize skill development training programmes for youth, farmers, weavers, artisans etc. For creating self employment avenues and also for livelihood promotion.
- To organise awareness programmes in the field for participatory development.
- To undertake Research, Action Research and studies in the broad field of Panchayati Raj and Rural Development.
- To implement special projects for providing self employment.
Decentralized Approach of Training
The SIPRD, HQ with two campuses in Khanapara and Kahikuchi in Guwahati and also through its District and Block Level Training Centres are well equipped to conduct large number of training programmes round the year for different clientele groups.
TRAINING NETWORKS OF SIPRD, ASSAM
- SIPRD HQs : The SIPRD has already established a network of training centres in the state to organise the training programmes in a decentralised manner. The institute has developed two full-fledged campus in Guwahati,one at Khanapara and another at Kahikuchi. Two campuses at the HQs can organise 10 training programmes simultaneously covering at least 500 participants.
- Resource Centre in IT & Skill Development: Resource Centre in IT & Skill Development has been functioning in the second campus of SIPRD,i.e.at Kahikuchi to organised diversified training programmes covering different stakeholders. Special thrust has been given on organising training on skill development to promote self employment oriented activities/livelihood promotion. All IT related training programmes are also organised for the state in this centre.
- Extension Training Centres : 12 Extension Training Centres have been running under SIPRD in different zones of the state. Each centre covers two to three districts. Efforts are on to develop the infrastructural facilities of these centres. Each Extention Training Centres can conduct two training programmes simultaneously covering 100 participants.
- Satellite based training network : Satellite Hub has been functioning in the Resource Centre in IT and Skill Development of SIPRD in Kahikuchi campus. 16 Satellite Interactive Terminals have been functioning mostly in the Extension Training Centres of the SIPRD. Training has become more accessible to the grass root level functionaries and other stakeholders through this satellite based training system of SIPRD.
- Extension Training cum Resource Centres: Seven (7) Extension Training cum Resource Centres have been functioning in different places for organising training programmes at the grass root level and also to conduct awareness programmes in the field.
- District Panchayat Resource Centre: Ten (10) District Panchayat Resource Centres are being established under RGPSA in 10 districts of the state wherein SIPRD do not have any Extension Training Centre. After completion of the construction works of these centres the SIPRD will have better outreach for organising training programmes.
Linkage of Specialized Institute Outside the State
The SIPRD has also established linkages with specialised institutes and universities situated in different parts of the country for organising specialised training programmes and exposure visits for officials, elected representatives of PRIs, entrepreneurs, farmers, weavers, etc. The selected specialised institutes organised regular courses on skill development for entrepreneurs, farmers and weavers deputed by SIPRD, Assam.